Bored eating potato samosas? Try out a healthier option- moong dal samosa! This recipe is a delicious mix of soaked moong dal with the flavor of spices - you cannot have a better snack option at home when in a hurry!
|Preparation Time: 10 minutes|
For Pastry (Covering)
- 2 Cups Refined flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Oil
Coldwater (to knead)
- 3 Cups Green gram/Moong dal (husked and soaked)
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 3 tsp Garam masala
- 3 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp Fennel seeds (powdered)
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp Mango powder
- To prepare the samosa Add the salt and oil to the sifted flour.
- Adding a needed amount of water, knead into a stiff dough (keep the dough stiff).
- Leave to sit for 15 minutes.
- Make smooth balls with the dough, and roll the balls into thin rounds.
- Cut these balls into halves.
- Take one of the half balls. Wet the edges and fold the straight edge towards the center and join two halves to overlap each other to form into a cone.
- Press and seal the overlapping portion.
- Fill the cone and press the edges together to seal properly.
- Meanwhile, put a deep frying pan on medium heat and add oil to it to deep fry.
- Place samosa in the hot oil, then lower the heat and cook them till light brown.
- To prepare the filling, coarsely grind the lentils.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida when oil starts shimmering.
- Cook until splutter.
- Mix and saute the ground lentils and the rest of the ingredients, to make up the filling.
- Saute the mixture over low heat till well fried (it will stop sticking to the pan when fried well)
- Take off the mixture from heat and set aside to cool.
How to serve
- Serve these samosas hot with tangy green chutney or ketchup.
We hope you liked the recipe. If you make samosas, Do share with us on 'Submit your recipe'. We'd love to hear them.
Make your samosa with our exclusive Asafoetida powder, Fennel Seed powder, Cumin seeds, Mango powder, Chilli powder and last but not the least Garam Masala.
Yes! Most of the recipe ingredients are already covered, Try our products and make the yummiest samosa for your breakfast.