A healthy and tasty recipe of dal with fenugreek leaves is the best option for a weeknight dinner. It is good for digestion and also rich in nutrients.
|Preparation time: 10 minutes|
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 red chilies (dried)
- 1/4 tbsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves (fresh)
- 1/2 cup moong dal (yellow)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Take a frying pan and heat oil in it over medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and dry red chilies to sizzling hot oil.
- Let the mustard seeds to splutter.
- Add in the asafoetida and turmeric powder to the oil.
- Immediately add in the chopped onions and saute them for a minute until light brown.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, salt, and the fenugreek leaves.
- Saute tomatoes until juiced down and the methi is fully cooked.
- Add the cooked yellow moong dal to these fried vegetables.
- Simmer the heat for a minute.
- Add in 1/4 cup of water to adjust the consistency of the dal if the dal is thick.
- Drizzle butter and remove from heat.
How to serve
Serve hot with cumin-seed rice and chapatis.
We hope you liked the recipe. If you ever tried cooking Fenugreek Leaves Dal or any other type of Dals, Do share with us on 'Submit your recipe'. We'd love to hear them.
Make the healthy Fenugreek leaves dal with our following ingredients: Cumin seeds, Mustard seeds, Asafoetida powder, Yellow Moong Dal, Turmeric root powder, and indeed the main ingredient Fenugreek Leaves. We have it all!