Enjoy this delicious comfort food at your home-cooked with simple dal and rice. Bring your body and soul to relax by gorging on this flavourful lentil preparation.
|Preparation time: 25 minutes.|
- One cup of masoor dal
- One and quarter cup of parboiled rice
- One big potato cut into chunks
- One big sliced onion
- Four garlic
- tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- One chopped tomato
- Three green chillies
- Whole garam masala
- One tablespoon roasted cumin powder
- One teaspoon red chilli powder
- One bay leaf
- One teaspoon turmeric powder
- Two tablespoons of ghee
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Wash rice thoroughly and soak for one hour. Also, wash masoor dal and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add whole spices and a bay leaf.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and onion.
- Saute until cooked.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, green chillies, and other spices.
- Let them fry.
- Add lentils and rice. Mix well.
- Add salt along with 4 cups of water.
- Add sugar to your taste.
- Cover the cooker and pressure cook till done.
How to serve
- Serve hot in a serving bowl or plate with a dollop of ghee, papad, and pickle by side.
We hope you liked the recipe. If you use any special ingredients to make it more tasty, Do share with us on 'Submit your recipe'. We'd love to hear them.
Make the healthiest khichdi ever with our Organic Masoor Dal.