Roll over image to zoom in Click on image to zoom
- Turmeric Powder is a bright yellow spice powder that is made from the root of a plant in the ginger family (Zingiberaceae), Curcuma longa.
- Dried turmeric is prepared by boiling the rhizomes, drying them in a hot oven, and then grinding the dried roots.
- Turmeric adds flavor to food, which explains its presence in most Indian dishes. However, turmeric can also play an important role in digesting that food.
- Pure turmeric powder is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, and other antioxidants.
- Turmeric powder is a common spice and a major ingredient in curry powder. Its primary active ingredients are used to color foods and cosmetics.
- Turmeric’s underground stems (rhizomes) are dried and made into capsules, tablets, teas, or extracts.
- turmeric powder is also made into a paste for the skin also.
- Turmeric and Cinnamon make a great combo for the skin and likewise, Ginger & Turmeric make a great bundle for cooking. These spices are really worth a shot.
*Packaging of units may vary.