Relish in this scrumptious Dawoodi Bohra lentil preparation with lots of onions. Try this simple yet delicious recipe and turn your meal flavourful.
|Preparation Time: 40 minutes.|
- One cup of chana dal or split
- Bengal gram
- Two tablespoons of ghee
- A pinch of asafoetida
- One teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Two chopped green chillies
- Four chopped garlic cloves
- One inch chopped ginger
- Two chopped small onions
- One chopped tomato (small)
- Two teaspoons of coriander powder
- One teaspoon of cumin powder
- One teaspoon of red chilli powder
- One teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- One tablespoon lime juice
- Two tablespoons of dried fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi)
- Wash chana dal thoroughly with water and soak for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the soaked water and transfer it to a deep pot.
- Add salt and turmeric to the pot along with 2 cups of water.
- Cover with lid and cook until the dal is soft.
- Heat ghee in another pan.
- Add asafoetida, cumin seeds, green chillies, garlic, and ginger.
- Now, add onions and cook for 5 minutes or till the onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes and other spices.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Check chana dal and add to the onion mixture.
- Add lime juice and mix well.
Lastly, crush Kasuri methi and add it on the top.
How to serve
- This delicious dal is best served hot with roti, paratha, or rice.
Did you enjoy the tadka? If you too cook Chana Dal Fry in your unique way, Do share your special recipe with us on 'Submit your recipe' section.