Puffy light-textured chickpea fritters are quick and easy to make snacks. This fritter recipe needs no fryer - they are pan-fried with olive oil. Try this crispier, healthier, and tastier chickpea fritter recipe!
|Preparation Time: 5 minutes|
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Olive oil for frying
- Add chickpea flour, salt, baking soda, cumin, coriander, curry powder, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large bowl. Whisk.
- Add the lemon juice and water to the dry ingredients in the bowl, and stir to get a thick, lumpy mixture.
- Keep the mixture aside and let it sit for 10 minutes to hydrate the chickpea flour and get even thicker.
- Put a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and add olive oil to it in an amount that coats the bottom of the pan.
- Portion the small mounds of the chickpea mixture and drop into hot oil using a cookie scoop, grease a spatula with oil, and lightly press the tops to smush the mounds to get patties.
- Cook the patties for about 2 minutes on each side until they’re golden brown, and it will puff up considerably.
- After a nice fry, drain them briefly on paper towels.
How to serve
- Sprinkle salt and serve along with some tzatziki sauce. Enjoy them hot!
Make the delicous Chickpea Fritters by using our Chickpea Flour.