This rice recipe is zesty and very satisfying. It is easy to make and adds a different flavor to your daily meal. Annatto seeds give a nice saffron color to this dish.
|Preparation Tiime: 10 minutes.|
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons annatto seeds
- 1 small red chilly (stemmed, seeded, and minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 pound vegetarian or organic chicken sausage (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup tomato (diced)
- 4 small bay leaves (broken into half)
- 2 cups long-grain white rice (cooked)
- ½ tbsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- Salt (to taste)
- Coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat and add annatto seeds to sizzling oil.
- Turn down the heat to lower and cook until the oil turns yellow, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Remove annatto seeds with the help of a slotted spoon and discard.
- Over medium-high heat reheat the annatto oil.
- Add and saute chile and garlic in the oil, stir, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomato, sausage, and bay leaves to oil, stir.
- Cook to heat through.
- Add cooked rice and toss gently to mix and coat the spices evenly.
- Remove bay leaves. Season the aromatic and delicious rice dish with salt and pepper.
How to serve
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve warm on a plate with your meal.
We hope you liked the recipe. If you use any special ingredients to make it more tasty, Do share with us on 'Submit your recipe'. We'd love to hear them.
Enjoy your rice with our Healthy and Organic Annatto seeds.