Roll over image to zoom in Click on image to zoom
- Rice flour is made from finely milled rice. It is distinct from rice starch, which is usually produced by steeping rice in lye.
- Rice flour is made up of micronized rice grains, which retain their essential carbohydrates and proteins.
- Rice Flour is a delicate neutral tasting gluten-free flour which can be used to great effect in gluten-free baking.
- It is also excellent when used as a crisp coating to pan-fried dishes or in pancakes.
- Rice flour is high in fiber, gluten-free, and low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
- Take a plate and put 1 cup rice flour in it. Add ½ teaspoon of ajwain (carom seeds) in it.
- Next, add ½ teaspoon of salt in the plate. Add ½ teaspoon Mirchi powder in the plate.
- Now, add 1 teaspoon of ghee in the plate. Add some curry leave in the plate.
- Combine all the ingredients well in the plate. Start adding hot water in small amounts in the plate.
- Mix the ingredients well with the water in the plate. Make a dough of the ingredients in the plate.
- The dough is ready.
- Take a small ball sized dough in your hands. Using your fingers, roll the dough into random cylindrical shape.
- Roll out a cylindrical stick out of the dough. Using the process make cylindrical sticks out of the dough and put it in the plate.
- Take a pan and pour some oil in it to deep fry the sticks, make sure the oil is hot and nice.
- Fry the sticks on a medium flame on the stove. Using a spoon gently separate the sticks from each other in the pan.
- Keep stirring the sticks continuously, so that they don’t stick to each other again. Deep fry the sticks for about 8 minutes in the oil.
- Take out the sticks with a strainer from the pan.