Roll over image to zoom in Click on image to zoom
- Black Cardamom has a strong, smoky flavor. Most of the flavor and taste of a whole cardamom pod comes from the tiny seeds inside the pod.
- The whole pods are dried over an open fire for a long time which gives it a very strong, pungent woody aroma that distinguishes it from other spices.
- Black cardamom is a popular Indian spice, called Badi elaichi or kali elaichi, that is used in many of the cuisine's signature dishes.
- Black Cardamom Pods keep the acids in the stomach under proper control.
- It also improves your appetite.
- Black cardamoms help stimulate gastric and intestinal glands.
- They help secrete stomach juices that promote digestion.
- The presence of vitamin C, an essential antioxidant, helps improve blood circulation throughout the body.
- 3 to 4 Black Cardamom Pods can be used for tempering in warm oil to release the aromatic oils from the pod, or stewed and cooked in a liquid broth to infuse the dish with a delicate smoky aroma.