Roll over image to zoom in Click on image to zoom
- Amchoor or amchur also referred to as mango powder, is a fruity spice powder made from dried unripe green mangoes and is used as a citrusy seasoning.
- It is mostly produced in India and Pakistan and is used to flavor foods and add the nutritional benefits of mangoes when the fresh fruit is out of season.
- Amchur powder is made from raw unripe mangoes.
- To make amchur, unripe mango strips or chips are dried in sunlight for a few days until they become brittle and crisp. then these mango pieces are ground to a fine powder.
- That's why Amchur is called dry mango powder.
- Amchur powder helps to fight acidity and boost the process of digestion.
- Mango is a rich source of iron.
- Tastes great and can add iron to your all-over diet.
- Flavorful and easy to consume.
- Sprinkle a teaspoonful of Amchur Powder over salads, and vegetable mix to add a tangy flavor.
- Tart pale beige to brownish in color, Amchur Powder is used to add tanginess to the dishes and can be used as a substitute for lemon.