Roll over image to zoom in Click on image to zoom
- Cream of tartar is known as potassium bitartrate, cream of tartar is the powdered form of tartaric acid.
- Cream of tartar is the powdered form of tartaric acid.
- This acid is found naturally in many plants and is also formed during the winemaking process.
- Tartar is Gluten Free and it is suitable for Vegetarians. It is mainly used for baking agents like cakes and another baked item it extends the shelf like cakes.
- Cream of tartar helps stabilize whipped egg whites.
- Prevents sugar from crystallizing.
- Cream of Tartar tastes great in any baked good.
- When it is added to syrups, it prevents sugar's natural tendency to re-bond and form crystals.
- Cream of tartar makes an effective household cleaner all by itself or can be used in the combination with vinegar
- Just mix 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar with 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to substitute one teaspoon of baking powder.
- Adding a 1/8 teaspoon for each egg white during whipping will boost the volume by enhancing the formation of air bubbles and preventing them from flattening.