- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup (120g) Naturevibe chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 cups 375ml Water
- 1 Carrot, finely grated
- 1/4 Red Capsicum (bell pepper), finely chopped
- 1 Spring Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Naturevibe Botaniacls Organic Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander (cilantro)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In a mixing bowl add the chickpea flour and then slowly add the water, whisking continually, to form a smooth, lump-free batter. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp of the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the carrot, pepper, onion, turmeric and cumin seeds. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until softened (around 4-5 mins)
- Add the carrot mixture to the chickpea batter along with the chopped coriander and salt (if using). Stir until fully combined.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot add a drizzle of the olive oil (or alternatively use a spray oil). Add a tablespoon of the batter to the pan and use the back of your spoon to spread it out a little (to make them thinner) Repeat to fill the pan.
- Cook for around 2 minutes on each side (this will vary depending on the pan, heat and how thin your pancake is). You want to look for bubbles forming and your pancakes should be able to be flipped easily.
- Remove pancakes from the pan and repeat with the remaining mixture.