Roll over image to zoom in Click on image to zoom
- Potato flakes are dehydrated mashed potatoes made by drum drying a thin layer of cooked and mashed potatoes, and breaking the sheet of dehydrated solids into a suitable size for packaging.
- Next to retail consumption in a pure state or prepared with milk solids and other constituents, flakes are taken as a food ingredient for potato snacks.
- Potato Flakes is white or yellow in colour, optimal dough building and expansion, typical taste and flavour in application and excellent textures in snack application such as crispy, crunchy, soft and hard.
- Give fried fish, chicken or pork chops a crispy coating by dipping in an egg wash, then dredging in potato flakes before baking or lightly frying.
- Potato flakes are mainly used in Snacks, soups and sauces, bakery products, potato products.
- Similar to potato starch, they can act as a thickener for gravies and soups.
- But they can also make chicken crispier, focaccia fluffier, and meatloaf more moist.
- Potato flakes are also and excellent base for creamy potato soup.