Roll over image to zoom in Click on image to zoom
- Indian long pepper is used to improve appetite and digestion.
- Whole, dried long pepper spikes can be used in marinades, stews and roasts. Put them in vegetable pickles (fresh or dried).
- Use them in soups the same way you might use a bay leaf. You can also steep them in tea with honey.
- Long pepper and its active compound piperine may have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Peppers have a lot going for them. They're low in calories and are loaded with good nutrition.