Roll over image to zoom in Click on image to zoom
- Cayenne pepper is a finely ground powder with burnt orange and brick red hues, flecked with darker black and red specks.
- The spice has a pungent aroma that smells sweet and slightly smokey. Ground Cayenne pepper has a strong Picante bite with medium heat.
- The powder is slightly sweet with a subtle smokiness and fresh red pepper flavor.
- Ground Cayenne pepper is regularly used in many different cuisines to add bold red pepper spiciness to any recipe.
- Cayenne pepper is commonly used in chile powder blends to add heat, combined with other spices and aromatics like onion, garlic, paprika, and herbs.
- The powder can be added to spice rubs for meat, poultry, and pork, or added to soups and stews.
- Combine cayenne pepper with mayonnaise for a spicy spread that can be used in sandwiches, wraps, as a dip, or spread on grilled corn.