Botanically, this starchy tuber plant is a dicotyledon, belonging to the family of Convolvulaceae, and named botanically as Ipomoea batatas. Sweet potato powder is one of the high-calorie starch foods. Its calorie content mainly comes from starch, a complex carbohydrate. Sweet potato has higher amylose to amylopectin ratio than that in potato.Sweet potato powder provides a good amount of vital minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, and potassium that are essential for enzyme, protein, and carbohydrate metabolism. Organic Sweet Potato Powder is rich in beta-carotene, which is transformed into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin C: An antioxidant, which may decrease the duration of common colds and improve skin health.
Powder contains a concentrated dose of nutrients, including vitamins. Sweet potatoes are considered low on the glycemic index scale. They can be consumed in a variety of ways, but are most commonly boiled, baked, steamed or fried. Sweet potatoes are most commonly orange, but are also found in other colors, such as white, red, pink, violet, yellow and purple. A medium-sized sweet potato (boiled, without skin) contains 27 grams of carbs. Cooked sweet potatoes are relatively high in fiber, with a medium-sized sweet potato containing 3.8 grams.
Sweet potatoes contain unique proteins, called sporamins, that account for more than 80% of the total proteins. Sweet potatoes are relatively low in protein, but are still an important protein source in many developing countries. Sweet potatoes are rich in many plant compounds, such as beta-carotene, chlorogenic acid, anthocyanins and coumarins. Sweet potatoes are healthier than regular potatoes. They have a lower glycemic index, more fiber, contain excellent amounts of vitamin A and do not contain any toxins. Sweet potatoes are nutritious, cheap, taste great and are very easy to incorporate into the diet.
Some amazing recipes to try with Sweet Potato Powder
Sweet Potato Spice Tahini Donuts Recipe
What you need:
- Icing:6 pitted dates,1/2 c.coconut cream,1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Donuts:1/4 c. tahini,1/2 c. sweet potato,3 tbsp. date syrup,1 tsp. vanilla,2 eggs,1 tbsp. coconut flour,2 tbsp Sweet Potato Flour,1/3 c. almond flour,1 1/2 tsp. baking powder,1/2 tsp baking soda,1 tsp allspice,1 tsp cinnamon,1/4 tsp. salt
- Icing: Soak dates in hot water until mushy. Purée with cream and vanilla until nice and smooth. Store in fridge.
- Donuts: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Mix the wet ingredients until fully combined, then beat in the eggs.Fold in the dry ingredients and spices.Pipe batter into a greased donut pan. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.Let cool, lather on the icing, and enjoy!
Sweet Potato Cauliflower Tots Recipe
What you need:
- 2 c. shredded sweet potato (raw),2 c. riced cauliflower,1/3 c.Sweet Potato Flour,1/4 c. water,2 tbsp. coconut oil,1 tbsp. montreal steak seasoning,1 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together the sweet potato and riced cauliflower.
- Combine the flour, water, oil, and seasoning in a small bowl, then stir into the veggies.
- Using a small cookie scoop, plop 1 tbsp balls on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes OR broil for about 5 min
- Sprinkle with salt + parsley
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
We at Naturevibe Botanicals, aim to provide the highest quality of organic products worldwide, thereby encouraging people to choose a healthy, nutritious, chemical-free lifestyle. We offer a wide range of products which not only add flavor to your food, but also boast of tremendous medicinal properties which prevent and treat innumerable diseases.
Disclaimer: The contents of the blog are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.