- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Naturevibe Botanicals Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- ½ teaspoon Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Ginger Powder
- ½ teaspoon Naturevibe Botanicals Nutmeg Powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Ginger Bread Cookies
- 2 ½ cups Flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 ½ cup Naturevibe Botanicals Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Clove Buds
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Mix ingredients for gingerbread cookies. Typically start with the sugar, shortening and egg then add all spices , salt and baking powder/soda before slowing adding in the flour
- Once gingerbread cookie dough is mixed, shape into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least one hour. This will help firm up the dough so it’s easier to roll out.
- After chilling roll out dough with a rolling pin to your desired thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut as many shapes out as possible. Continue until all dough has been used.
- Place cut out cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet ½ inches apart. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes or until browned. Allow cookies to cool completely before icing.
- To make icing, combine egg white and cream of tartar with confectioners’ sugar. Mix until blended , then beat on high until mixture is stiff enough for a knife to leave a clean-cut path
- To decorate cookies, fill a small pastry bag with icing and decorate cookies as desired.
Enjoy your Hawlloween with these tasty and easy receipes. Happy Halloween to All....
By Marina Corbi