Sure, all berries are delicious, healthy, and carry numerous benefits, but not all berries are quite as magical as the goji berry.
The goji berry may seem super trendy right now, but this scrunched up superfruit has actually been around for centuries and dates back to the early days of Chinese medicine! And there’s a reason why: it’s immensely powerful.
LyciumBarbarum is the scientific name for Goji Berries. Goji berries also known as wolfberries. Goji Berries are mostly grown in Asia, mostly china and also in parts of Europe. They’ve been used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 2000 years.
Goji berries have natural sweetness to them with a slight herby aftertaste. You can eat them fresh and raw, dried, in trail mix, smoothies, smoothie bowls, salads, or cereals
Goji Berries when Eaten as whole food, contain exceptional nutrient content.
GOJI BERRIES ARE:
- High in protein, dietary fiber, and linoleic acid an omega-6 fatty acid.
- Contain vitamin A , vitamin B, thiamin and vitamin C.
- 11 essential and 22 trace minerals.
- Extremely high in antioxidants
- 18 amino acids with total content of 11 g per 100 g of dried fruit, an exceptional amino acid concentrate
All in all, Goji berries are a nutrient dense food, so they are a good addition to a balanced diet.
GOOJI BERRIES CAN BE USED IN
- Teas (plop a few in to rehydrate and add sweetness)
- Overnight Oats or Chia pudding
- As salad toppers
- In raw chocolate
- In homemade ice cream
- In granola, energy bites or granola bars
MAJOR HEALTH BENEFITS OF GOJI BERRIES
- Antioxidant powerhouse
- Boots Mood and energy level
- Reserve effects of aging
- Boosts immune system
By Anthony McGhee