Dehydrated Tomato Flakes is a sweet and zesty seasoning that absolutely bursts with flavour in their sun-dried state. Hand-harvested from top quality tomatoes, Dehydrated Tomato Flakes are a delicious accompaniment that goes great with soups, salads, hummus, toasts etc.
These red flakes add a vibrant colour and an impressive depth of flavour to all sorts of dishes that makes them a must-have ingredient in every kitchen. And, they are loved for their distinct aroma; so, can be used in place of fresh or dehydrated tomatoes in variety of dishes right from soups and casseroles, to fruit salads and smoothes. That also makes them ideal for easy cooking, snacks, backpacking expeditions, and camping. These dry and delectable tomato flakes make a healthy addition to any meal and at the same time easy and enjoyable too.
Dried Tomato Flakes have a much longer shelf life than fresh tomatoes. Store them properly and they will last for up to a year and maintain their strong, delicious flavor. Keep your tomato flakes in an airtight container, away from light and humidity.
It's best to use these in recipes that have a liquid element. They can be added early in the cooking process to be able to absorb that liquid and become rehydrated. These dried tomato flakes add vibrant color and impressive depth of flavor to all sorts of dishes and we especially love to use their rich flavor in making breads, chili, pasta sauces, pizza, soups, stews, vegetable dishes and vinaigrettes.
Tomato Flakes pair well with rosemary, basil, paprika and garlic
Enjoy this amazing recipe with Tomato Flakes
- 1 1/2 cup lentils (dry)
- 4 oz reduced fat feta cheese
- 5 Tablespoons Naturevibe Botanicals Dehydrated Tomato Flakes
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 Tablespoon Greek Seasoning
- In a saucepan, cover lentils with about 2 1/2 cups water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cover the pan, simmer for about 20 minutes - the lentils will be tender and most of the water will be absorbed.
- Crumble 1/2 of the feta cheese into the pan with the lentils.
- Add Tomato Flakes, spinach and Greek Seasoning.
- Heat through until spinach has wilted and Tomato Flakes soften, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer lentils to serving bowls and top with remaining feta cheese. Serve hot.
By Veronica James