- 1cup butter, room temperature
- 1cup sugar
- 6eggs, separated
- 2cups Naturevibe Buckwheat Flour
- 2 1/4cups almond meal, skins on if possible
- 1apple, peeled and grated
- 1vanilla pod
- 7ounces Raspberry jam
- 1cup freshcream
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks and beat until pale and creamy. Add the buckwheat, almond meal, grated apple and the scraped seeds of the vanilla pod until just combined.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Gently fold in, bit by bit, into the batter until well combined and pour batter into a greased and lined round baking tin (10 inch diameter).
- Bake in a medium oven at 350ºF for about 50 minutes or until the cake is deep golden brown on top and a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. When cool enough to handle, remove cake from tin and slice in half lengthways. Spread the bottom layer with the fresh cream and raspberry jam and replace the top layer. Serve!