Moringa oleifera is a plant been praised for its health benefits in recent years. Native to India, the moringa tree is rich in antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
The leaves are the most nutritious part of the plant, being a significant source of B vitamins, vitamin C, pro vitamin A as beta-carotene, vitamin K, manganese, and protein, among other essential nutrients.
The immature seed pods are called "drumsticks". The seed pods/fruits, even when cooked by boiling, remain particularly high in vitamin C and are also a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, magnesium, and manganese.
The seeds, sometimes removed from more mature pods and eaten like peas or roasted like nuts, contain high levels of vitamin C and moderate amounts of B vitamins and dietary minerals. Mature seeds yield 38–40% edible oil called ben oil from its high concentration of behenic acid. The refined oil is clear and odorless, and resists rancidity. The seed cake remaining after oil extraction may be used as a fertilizer or as a flocculent to purify water.
The roots are shredded and used as a condiment with sharp flavor qualities.
Moringa can be an important source of many essential nutrients for the ones, whose diet lacks vitamins, minerals and protein. Some of the benefits of Moringa are:
- Moringa is nutritious and rich in antioxidants
- Moringa may lower blood sugar levels
- Moringa has anti-inflammatory properties
- Moringa can lower cholesterol
- It may help reduce some diabetic symptoms
- It may help protect the cardiovascular system
- It may help support brain health
- It may help protect the Liver
- It contains anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties
- It may enhance wound healing
- It may help strengthen hair
- It may help relieve stress
- Acts as a aid on Digestive problems
Where to buy it:
We at Naturevibe Botanicals, aim to provide the highest quality of organic products worldwide, thereby encouraging people to choose a healthy, nutritious, chemical-free lifestyle. We offer a wide range of Moringa products which not only add flavor to your food, but also boast of tremendous medicinal properties which prevent and treat innumerable diseases.
You can shop our wide range of Moringa Products here,
- Organic Moringa Green Leaf Powder
- Moringa Seeds Dried
- Organic Moringa Seed Oil
- Dried Organic Moringa leaves
- Organic Moringa Oleifera Capsules
Disclaimer: The contents of the blog are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.