- 1⁄4cup Naturevibe Dried Hibiscus Flowers
- 1 1⁄2cups unsweetened apple juice or 1 1⁄2cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1cup boiling water
- 1cup vinegar
- 1lemon, juice (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1 3⁄4ounces dry pectin
- 5 1⁄2cups sugar
- Steep dried blossom in boiling water off heat adding any optional ingredients if using. Steep for 1-2 hour over night is fine.
- Prepare boiling water canner and lids and jars.
- Strain steeped liquid twice the second time through a coffee filter. Discarding solids.
- Place all ingredients but the sugar in a large heavy pot bring to a rolling boil.
- Add sugar and return to a rolling boil.
- Ladle into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Wipe rims clean and apply lids and bands.
- Process in a hot water bath covered by 1-2 inches of water for 10 minutes.
- Shut off flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove without tilting the jars.
- Set on a flat surface in a draft free place 12-24 hours.