Scones with cacao nibs
- 3 1/3 cup / 500 gr flour
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml wheat germ, optional
- 2 tbsps Baking powder
- 3 tbsps Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c / 80 ml Naturevibe Botanicals Cocoa Nibs
- 4 oz / 110 gr butter, cold
- 1 1/4 cup / 300 ml milk
- 1 egg or 2-3 tbsp heavy cream for glazing
- sprinkle with cane sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C
- Put all the dry ingredients in a big bowl. Use a whisk to blend.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces and crumble into the flour with your hands.
- Mix the cocoa nibs into the dough and pour in the milk.
- Gently work the dough together with your hands, so nothing is dry, it shouldn’t be too sticky either. You can add more milk, if it is too dry or more flour if it is too sticky.
- Flatten the dough and cut into desired shapes. Brush the scones with either a lightly whipped egg or heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar, if using.
- Bake for 15-20 min depending on the size and thickness of the scones. They should be barely golden on top, but golden on the bottom.