- 1 pound broccoli, trimmed: cut stems into small chunks and break florets into bite-sized bits
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil for roasting the broccoli
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 teaspoons Naturevibe Cumin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter, melted, (or more olive oil, to make this dairy free)
- Naturevibe Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Naturevibe Sesame Seeds
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Put a large sheet pan in at the same time to heat, while you prep the broccoli. When the oven and sheet pan are good and hot, tip the broccoli (which you've tossed with a healthy pinch of salt) onto the hot baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, turning once.
- While the broccoli is roasting, toast the cashews in a small skillet until a warm brown in color. Remove immediately from the pan, lest they burn, and chop them coarsely, while still warm, with a large knife.
- Toast the cumin seeds in the same skillet until just fragrant. Remove immediately from the pan and crush briefly using a mortar and pestle, or by pulsing a few times in an electric spice mill.
- Toss the roasted broccoli with the melted ghee. Then, toss with the cashews and cumin.
- Test for salt and add more, if necessary. Sprinkle on some freshly ground pepper, too, to taste, and a handful of toasted sesame seeds, if desired.