Arrowroot powder is a starchy substance that’s extracted from the root of a tropical plant known as Maranta arundinacea. When the arrowroot is harvested, it looks similar to other underground tubers such as cassava, yucca or kudzu, which are oblong in shape.
But important to note is how the starch is extracted, which is unlike cornstarch. Arrowroot powder is extracted in simpler, more traditional methods, without the use of high heat or harsh chemicals.
Sometimes arrowroot powder is known as arrowroot flour or arrowroot starch and they’re all the same thing. It’s simply a white, powdery starch that’s naturally gluten-free, grain-free, vegan and paleo-friendly.
Arrowroot powder is a great thickener and can easily replace cornstarch. Even better, arrowroot powder has no taste and leaves food glossy and clear, whereas cornstarch has a slight taste and leaves food cloudy and opaque.
Arrowroot contains a good amount of potassium, iron and B vitamins, which is great for metabolism, circulation and heart health.
Naturevibe Botanicals brings to you Organic Arrowroot Powder, and a few ways on how you can incorporate it in your meals.
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup/ 120ml light coconut milk
- ½ cup/ 120ml filtered water
- ¼ cup/ 32g Naturevibe Botanicals Arrowroot Powder
- 4 teaspoons/ 12g Naturevibe Botanicals Coconut Flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons/ 21g melted coconut oil
- Extra butter or oil for the pan
- Place all the ingredients for the crêpes into a blender and blend on high until fully incorporated. Let batter sit for a few minutes before cooking or cover and refrigerate.
- Heat a medium-sized nonstick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat, and brush with a little butter or coconut oil.
- Brush skillet or crepe pan with a little butter or coconut oil and heat over medium-low heat. Pour about ¼ cup of the crêpe batter into pan, turning and tilting the pan immediately to coat bottom evenly. Cook until crepe appears set on top (about 1 - 2 minutes). Run a spatula around edge of crepe to loosen and lift a corner to check if the bottom is firm and golden in spots as well.
- Flip the crepe, and cook until the bottom is golden, (about 1 minute). Transfer to a plate, and cover loosely to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing pan lightly with butter or oil if needed.
All Vegan Cheese Sauce
- ¾ cup Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot Powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch of Smoked Paprika
- Put all ingredients into a saucepan and stir with a whisk. Once everything is combined, turn on the heat and bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Let simmer on low to medium heat for about one minute until the sauce is stretchy.
- Enjoy this vegan cheese sauce with nachos, on pizza, over pasta, and many other savory dishes!
We at Naturevibe Botanicals, aim to provide the highest quality of organic products worldwide, thereby encouraging people to choose a healthy, nutritious, chemical-free lifestyle. We offer a wide range of products which not only add flavor to your food, but also boast of tremendous medicinal properties which prevent and treat innumerable diseases.
Disclaimer: The contents of the blog are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.