For Apple Cake -
- 2 1/4 cups (270 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (340 grams) honey
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups (500 grams or about 4 medium) apples, peeled, cored, and finely diced
For Crumble Topping -
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg powder
- 4 tablespoons (67 grams) butter, melted
How to prepare:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a 10-cup tube pan and set aside.
For the cake, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the vegetable oil, honey, and eggs until uniform. The batter will be thick. Stir in the diced apples and set aside.
For the crumble, stir together the flour, brown sugar, spices, and butter in a medium mixing bowl until uniform and crumbly. Set aside.
In prepared pan, spread out cake batter evenly. Sprinkle the top with the crumble topping and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring cake to a cooling rack to cool completely.