- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 small red chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced.
- ½ pound vegetarian or chicken sausage cut in to bite-sized pieces.
- 4 small Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Bay leaves, broken in half.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- 1 ½ tablespoon Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Annatto seeds
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the oil and annatto seed over medium heat until sizzling. Lower the temperature and cook until the oil turns yellow, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove annatto seeds and discard.
- Reheat the annatto oil over medium-high heat. Saute chile and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add sausage, tomato and bay leaves and cook and stir until heated through.
- Stir in cooked rice. Remove and discard bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.