Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is one of the most effective and natural supplement on planet. Turmeric is native to India and Southeast Asia.
Turmeric is a mainstay herb in Botanical medicine, with medicinal usage going back thousands of years.It has a very interesting taste and aroma. Its flavor is peppery, warm and has a bitter taste.
Turmeric is excellent source of both iron and manganese. It is a good source of Vitamin B6, dietary fiber copper and potassium. Phytonutrients in turmeric include curcumin, demethoxycurcumin, tumerones, and tumenorols.
Turmeric is one of the main ingredients of curry powder, and is used to give it the characteristic yellow colour. It is also delicious added to rice dishes, seafood, and mustards and pickles.
It is also more widely used as a colourant for textiles and food products.
Capsules, teas, powders and extracts are some of the turmeric products available in the market.
Health Benefits of Turmeric Powder:
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: This spice is praised for its ability to reduce Inflammation. Curcumin, is the substance in turmeric that helps to reduce inflammation in the body.
- Pain Relief: Turmeric is thought as a pain reliever. The spice is reputed to relieve arthritis pain as well. Some people apply turmeric to the skin for pain, swelling.
- Digestion: Turmeric adds flavor to food, however it can also play an important role in digesting that food. It also helps to improve stomach upset
Some quick serving ideas to enjoy turmeric powder:
- Turmeric is a great spice to complement recipes that feature lentils.
- Add some turmeric to almond milk to create golden milk.
- Add turmeric to egg salad to give it an even bolder yellow colour.
- Give salad dressings an orange –yellow hue by adding some turmeric powder to them.
- Mix brown rice with raisins and cashews and season with turmeric, cumin and coriander.
We at Naturevibe Botanicals, aim to provide the highest quality of organic products worldwide, thereby encouraging people to choose a healthy, nutritious, chemical-free lifestyle. We offer a wide range of products which not only add flavor to your food, but also boast of tremendous medicinal properties which prevent and treat innumerable diseases.
Disclaimer: The contents of the blog are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.