Ginger –or Ginger Root – is a rhizome (collection of roots) found around the world. Ginger is among the healthiest (and most delicious) spices on the planet. It is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain.
Derived from the dried ginger root, ginger powder is versatile spice that can be used for medicinal or culinary purpose. Ginger has many medicinal uses as it is rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds, such as gingerol,beta-carotene and capsaicin.
Scientifically known as Zingiber offcinale, the ginger root comes from a plant of the same name, which is primarily grown in Southern Asia. In modern times, it is highly valued for its role in herbal medicine. Ginger Powder also provides a longer shelf and more versatility than the pungent fresh forms.
Prized with aromatic, culinary and medicinal properties, the root ginger plant has been used in cooking as an herbal remedy since ancient times. The Greeks wrapped it in bread as a digestive aid after a big feast. Chinese sailor ate it to avoid seasickness.
1) Reduce muscle pain and soreness: Ginger appears to be effective at reducing the day to day progression of muscle pain, and may reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness.
2) Helps fight infection: Ginegrol, the bioactive substance in fresh ginger can help lower the risk of infection. In fact , ginger extract can inhibit the growth of many different types of bacteria.
3) Anti- Inflammatory: Ginger Powder contains anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe arthritis. Add 2-3 in water and bring it to a boil. Drink this water to cure the swollen joints.
4) Acne: Ginger powder has anti- inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties to help unclog pores and kill acne causing bacteria.
Uses of Ginger:
- Dried ginger powder is used in spices and masalas for gravies, curries, marinades.
- Sprinkle ginger powder on Desserts.
- Make it in to Ginger Tea
- Add a teaspoon of ground ginger to pancake batter
- Sprinkle ginger powder over vegetables before roasting.
- Stir in powdered ginger with your drinking water. Add to hot or cold water , tea, or coffee to soothe stomach distress or pain.
Easy Recepie for Fresh Ginger-Lemon Tea
What you need:
- 1 cup mineral water
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, sliced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Raw honey to taste
- Slice of fresh lemon for serving
- Add ginger powder to a cup of water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Add raw honey to taste
- Serve hot topped with lemon slice.
Ginger in the form of oil is also very effective. Ginger is an exceptional addition to essential oil. It boost your immune system and has amazing warming qualities. It’s so potent and powerful , therefore it should always be highly diluted when used on skin.
Here are 4 Favorite uses for this wonderful essential oil.
1) Inhale Ginger Oil to alleviate nausea or motion sickness.
2) Add a few drops to any massage oil to boost the immune system
3) Add 5-6 drops of Ginger Oil to your aroma diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes to help alleviate digestive issue.
4) Place a drop of Ginger Oil on a tissue and breathe in the aroma to help soothe a cough.
We at Naturevibe Botanicals, aim to provide the highest quality of organic products worldwide, thereby encouraging people to choose a healthy, nutritious, chemical-free lifestyle. We offer a wide range of products which not only add flavor to your food, but also boast of tremendous medicinal properties which prevent and treat innumerable diseases.
Disclaimer: The contents of the blog are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.