Sugar is a hot nutrition topic, and because of strong political lobbies, there is a bunch of information (and misinformation) swirling around the blogosphere.
Natural sweeteners are sugar sources that are in a close to pure state. The less refined the better so they still contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and in some cases fiber. Even natural sweeteners should still be consumed in moderation as they are still sugar, however, they’re better than the nasty chemical and highly-processed alternatives.
We at Naturevibe give you the best alternative to Sugar
Coconut sugar also known as Coconut Palm sugar, palm sugar, coconut crystals is rapidly becoming a popular natural sweetener in household.
In my own home, coconut sugar is our go to granulated sugar, that’s because it can easily replace with white sugar in almost all recipes without affecting the resulting flavor or texture of the food. Coconut sugar also has a lower glycemic index than other sweetener
The sugar contains trace amount of Vitamin C phosphorous, magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron and copper with the exception of potassium at about 25% of the Daily Value per serving of 100 grams (approximately 25 teaspoons). It also provides small amounts of phytonutrients, such as polyphenols, flavonoids and anthocyanidin, and antioxidants. You'll also find the B vitamin inositol, often used as a mood booster.
Quick ways to enjoy Coconut Palm sugar
- Fruit smoothies with a teaspoon of palm sugar to boost the sweetness
- Lemonade with fresh lemons and coconut palm sugar for a fresh, light drink
- Hot chocolate with coconut palm sugar in either the chocolate or whipped cream
- Cake with coconut sugar frosting
- Muffins made with coconut sugar for breakfast
- Bread dough of any kind with coconut palm sugar will be sweet and rise normally
- Ice cream of any flavor with palm sugar
- Cobbler, like apple, peach, blackberry, and any other kind with coconut sugar for a sweet crust
- Oatmeal with coconut palm sugar is great for breakfast or a snack
- Sauces with coconut sugar work for everything from pasta to barbecue
We at Naturevibe Botanicals, aim to provide the highest quality of organic products worldwide, thereby encouraging people to choose a healthy, nutritious, chemical-free lifestyle. We offer a wide range of products which not only add flavor to your food, but also boast of tremendous medicinal properties which prevent and treat innumerable diseases.
Disclaimer: The contents of the blog are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.