Sugar Candied Nuts
Addictive sugar candied nuts with a hint of cinnamon that will fill your house with a delightful smell. Makes the perfect gift!
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups whole almonds (or a mix of other nuts such as walnuts or pecans)
- ¾ cup (150 g/5.3 oz) Naturevibe Botanicals Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons Naturevibe Botanicals Ceylon Cinnamon Powder (depending on how much cinnamon flavor you want)
- Naturevibe Botanicals Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 300F/150C degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, hand-whisk egg white and water for about two minutes – until frothy but not stiff. Add nuts and stir. Pour sugar mixture over nut mixture and stir until evenly coated. Spread nuts in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once more after 15 minutes. Once fully cooled, break up any nuts that are stuck together. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several weeks.